Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of frequent questions asked by students. Click on the question and you will be directed to the answer.
How do I upload a file to my account?
- Click on the Artifacts tab.
- Click on the Files artifact button (either blue button at the left or the word Files at the top.)
- Click Upload Files Here located at the top right corner.
- Click the Browse button to locate the document to be added to your account.
- Type a specific name in File Nickname. (Ex. SPED 5830 paper)
- Click Submit.
How do I add a file to a portfolio?
- Click on the Folios tab to get back to the Portfolio.
- Click on the name of the portfolio that you need to add artifacts to.
- Click on the tab to add a file artifact(s).
- Click on the Add Artifact From Bin button.
- Click on the Files button to locate the files artifact to add to the tab.
- Click on check box located on the right side of the file(s) you want to add to the tab.
- Click Add to Tab once you have selected the items to be added.
How do I start a portfolio?
- Click on the Folios tab.
- Click on Create Folio for Working Portfolios.
- Click on Create From Template.
- Click on the drop down menu and choose the faculty member who has your template.
- Click on the drop down menu to choose the template required.
- Click on Create and Edit (Template opens).
How do I start a field experience?
- Click on the Artifacts tab.
- Click on the word Field Experiences or the pink button.
- Next to the words Open Field Experiences, click on Initiate New Field Experience.
- Click the Select button next to the field experience that your instructor required you to use.
- Complete the information required for the template.
How do I purchase a subscripton?
- Go to the Log-In page of the website.
- Type in your Moodle username and "pass-port".
- An email will be sent to your NSU email account with a new password.
- Use that password with your Moodle username to log into the system.
- You will be immediately taken to the subscription system to purchase your subscription.
How do I submit a document for review?
- Under the document needed to be submitted, click Submit for Review.
- Click on the drop down menu and choose the faculty member who must review the document.
- Click Next.
- It is not necessary to write a note with the document so click Next.
- Click Finish.
I am trying to log into PASS-Port and it says "That username and password combination is invalid." What should I do?
- If this is your very first semester overall, there is a grace period of two weeks before you can log into the system. Your account must created before you can gain access to it. Please be patient while this is happening.
- If this is not, please contact the PASS-Port Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), and request a password reset.
I would like to add a teacher/site to PASS-Port. What should I do?
- Have your instructor contact the Office of Field Experiences to request a Field Based Clinican Questionnaire for a teacher or other forms to add the school.
- Once recieved, have the school/teachers complete the forms.
- Submit those forms to the Office of Field Experiences for approval.
- Process can take at least one week for approval.
- All forms must be completed before a school/teacher can be observed.